Pages

Things that make me love to hate Battlefield 3 (RANT)




Battlelog has technical issues every second page I go to.



My eyes are dirty while playing the game.



My eyes are dirty DURING CUTSCENES!



It is somehow possible to time out from SINGLEPLAYER.



People who haven't even logged in on battlelog in the past two months are still rated highest SPM players in the platoon, when, according to other members' individual stats pages, they are not the top player in the platoon at all.



I'm hoping to show you how bad the 7x scope is, lets see how long this takes just to get in a server.



Oh, server list has forgotten my filters.. AGAIN.



Yeah, um, this is new; I've not seen this one before.



Whenever you try and play the game, this origin window comes into focus (up to 2 minutes after clicking launch), and if you happen to be typing when it pops up, you'll likely press spacebar which presses cancel by default. Why the hell this comes into focus, or even exists, is beyond me.



Okay, finally. See the pixelation on the chevrons?
For comparison, this is a screenshot of the SV98's scope from Bad Company 2.



The same animations when dying, when climbing over things, over and over. Knifing is the only thing that deviates.


Now, this is only stuff that I could show you with screenshots. On top of this, there are endless lag issues such as crosskilling and driving into phantom walls, weapon inaccuracies (they don't hit where they are aiming), server crashes, punkbuster disconnects, and one of my personal favourites (who to blame, DICE or nVidia, I'm not yet sure), crashes that are prevented by UNDERCLOCKING my $300+ graphics card.

I hear Modern Warfare 3 RU keys are around the $20 mark on g2play.net, and you can easily change the language you wish to use via properties in the right click menu on Steam. Can't say I'm not tempted, but CS:S is adequately entertaining, of late.

EDIT: I played the CoD:MW3 multiplayer on steam's free-play weekend. It was dreadful. I will not be buying it any time soon. Furthermore, I've been playing BF3 a lot more lately. It's a lot more stable since a few patches, my GPU is fixed and, well, if you can look past the lag and minor bugs, it's quite a decent game. Still not BF2, though. :(

No comments: