Pages

[Rant] Windows 10 (pt1?)

I run into several problems every week with Windows 10 and I've finally completely lost my shit
I have preference issues with a lot of things in Windows 10. The task manager is crappy (I have replaced it with the old one [link to be inserted]), the calculator isn't any better (also replaced [link pending] and so many things to say about the UI, start menu and control panel design included.

There's also other problems, like when things just fail to work. They're the things I cannot live with. Like right now, I've found out that Winamp isn't set as my default audio player. No biggie, right? Just set it as default from the right click menu of any MP3 file. NOPE


I clicked choose another and navigated to the winamp.exe to set it as the default program and yet it refuses to work. Failing that, I tried setting it in default programs:


Nope, already set as my default music program. I wonder what else. Filetypes! ..Oh, Winamp can't set its default filetypes from its options menu. That's fine though, I guess; it probably wasn't made for Win 10. I'll just set it in control panel.


What's this? Not even a browse option? If it's not registered as a media player (despite already having been set in the previous screen during its installation...??), it cannot be chosen from this list. So, I decide to flip my shit and have a rant to my mates. While getting riled up, I come here to write this post and navigate back for a screenshot (yes, I only just discovered this while writing)..


LO AND BEHOLD IT'S NOW WORKING!

ALSO:


Without any changes, just giving it five or so minutes, it has applied the default exe that I chose.



I really want to write a gigantic rant about everything I hate about Windows 10 and my theory about what happened to Windows 9, but I'm going to have to call it a night because I already have less than 5 hours sleep. Raincheck?

12:30 AM - ! {Tyrant}Ba: rofl
12:30 AM - ! {Tyrant}Ba: pt1
12:29 AM - TheTopMostDog: oh im not fucking done
12:29 AM - TheTopMostDog: if i had four hours to burn
12:30 AM - TheTopMostDog: id fucking
12:30 AM - TheTopMostDog: MAYBE
12:30 AM - TheTopMostDog: GET DONE
12:30 AM - TheTopMostDog: JUST MAYBE

No comments: