Pages

Celebrating five years of Firefox!

Firefox has served me since my good old Pentium 4, and has seen me play games from Battlefield Vietnam and Aliens vs Predator 2 to F.E.A.R. and Battlefield 2, to Crysis, CoD4 and Fallout 3. Firefox has always been the browser of choice for me, and has downloaded patches for all these games, be it at my home computer or at TAFE to my iPod with Firefox Portable.

I have never had a problem with it and even today, it's still saving me from downloading viruses from random websites; "This web site at has been reported as an attack site and has been blocked based on your security preferences". Just another line of defense between the internet's maliciousness and my precious gaming computer.

The addons are endless, nowadays. If you feel you want a scrollbar for your endless row of tabs? Or how about an internet usage meter that shows you how much you have left before you're capped? Firefox addons have almost anything you can think of to help you customize your experience while surfing the web.

If you've never used Firefox as your web browser, I suggest you look no further for your next candidate. Give it a shot, it can't hurt! You can always uninstall and go back to your preferred browser, be it IE or Chrome or any of the other randoms out there, but trust me, you'll be mad if you do!

No comments: