Pages

When will I be buying Modern Warfare 2?

I WILL be buying Modern Warfare 2 when I can justify the price for an average singleplayer story and a halfassed multiplayer mode. If dedicated servers are back by then, cool; if not, so be it. I can justify this because if I aim my expectations low enough and my critique high enough, I'll end up being somewhat happy with the game when I finally do get it.

From what I've heard, I wouldn't suggest anyone should go rushing out to buy it on the basis of dedicated server inclusion alone, regardless of connection improvements. This is NOT CoD4, and no amount of dedicated servers will change that fact. Keep that in mind if they ever do announce the patching in of any of our requested features (except perhaps mods, lol).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The MP portion of the game is fine. It works right out of the box and it's a lot of fun. What isn't fun is how the matchmaking system cripples your ability to choose where to play based on not just your connectivity but your friends, which makes for a good time for everyone. The way things are now, you can't have a party of 4 or 5 players scattered across the continent and expect everyone to have a solid connection to a game hosted from another player's home.