Pages

Keyboard and Mouse

New keyboard and mouse ordered. Hopefully get them tomorrow. Can't wait.


Das Model S Ultimate Silent
Uses Brown switches which are perfect for gaming, imo. Plain and simple, I don't need any fancy lighting or extra buttons (which I wont be able to reach while hardcore gaming anyway). Maybe when the next batch of mechanical gaming keyboards come out, I'll look at something with a little more gamer's bling, but ultimately, I think that stuff is unnecessary; I leave the macros for my more accessible mouse.
 


Saitek Cyborg R.A.T. 7
I've heard it can feel flimsy, but with this level of customization, I'm not surprised; the entire mouse is based on hinges and removable panels. Apparently the macro system is astounding, which is what sold me on this mouse.


EDIT:
Okay, well the mouse is back in the cupboard. My G9 is just too good compare to this. It does have some nice software features, I'll give it that, but when it comes to the important hardware aspect, the button placement is far from comfortable to use on a mouse this size (the G9 is known for being small, but this one is even smaller). I wrote them an email saying that their mouse is sh*t (hyperbole), and they promptly responded asking where they can help. The support guy even offered to talk to the software dev team to try and improve the macro support and customizability of the buttons, so that's a 9/10 for support, at least. I can see myself using this mouse in the future as I'll never get around to selling it, and my G9 is slowly wearing out (it currently has no rubber left on it and some of the buttons are getting touchy, including the LMB).

The keyboard, the ultimate DAS. Well, it's good; I'm still using it now (Christmas 2011), but I found out about wasd keyboards a few days after writing this post. If you're looking at getting a new keyboard I highly recommend you look at this site at least once.
>>http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/

No comments: